August 19, 2013
APPLICATION TO HOST THE XIX (2019) INTERNATIONAL PLANT PROTECTION CONGRESS (IPPC)
International Plant Protection Congresses
The International Association for the Plant Protection Sciences (IAPPS), together with local organizations and societies, convenes the International Plant Protection Congress every 4 years. The next Congress is in Berlin, Germany in 2015: http://www.plantprotection.org/Meetings/InternationalCongress(IPPC)/XVIIIIPPC,Berlin,2427August2015.aspx
We are now announcing the request for applications to host the XIX IPPC to be convened in 2019. For details regarding past congresses click the “Meetings” icon at: http://www.plantprotection.org/
Making an Application
Societies wishing to host IPPC-2019 should fill out the below guidelines (Application Form after the dotted line on the next page). The main items are the location, venue facilities and proposal for the Conference Convenor, Secretary and Treasurer.
The important dates for an application to host this Congress are:
August 2014: Applications due.
September 1, 2014 – Nov. 30, 2014 Further discussions with applicants.
Jan. 1, 2015 Decision made by IAPPS Board
April 30, 2015 Formal agreement between IAPPS and the LCC.
Possible Conference Dates
The Conference is usually held in August. Please check for simultaneous congresses and avoid major conflicts.
Application Form to Host the IPPC-2019
Please complete your application using these headings. Add any accompanying material, literally or as links, at the bottom.
Details of Proposed Site
1. Year of Conference: 2019, time of conference
2. Member Society:
4. Venue(s) (give address if possible):
5. How Accessible is it for wheelchairs.
6. Can all activities (conference, exhibition, etc.) be accommodated there?
7. Where is the venue located in relation to the city centre and the airport?
8. Details of breakout facilities
9. Area available for exhibition (in square meters)?
Number and categories of hotels, number of rooms and approximate room costs, location relative to the conference venue
1. Names of Congress Chair and Co-Chairs:
2. Composition of LCC (as far as possible):
3. What support will the Congress receive from the local country and/or town or city?
4. What is the local audience for this conference (both numbers and areas of interest)?
5. What tracks, invited speakers, or exhibitors might provide local interest?
6. What do you anticipate in terms of delegate numbers, fees charged for the conference, and expenses for the conference?
Will any other organization have financial involvement in the conference? If so, give details: Please discuss the sources of funding and financial models with the IAPPS Secretary General either before or soon after submitting a draft proposal.
Professional Conference Organizer (PCO)
Please indicate the Professional Conference Organizer involved and the references of the PCO.
Other Relevant Details
Please include any other details that you feel will support your application.
Please submit your digital application to:
Prof. E. A. “Short” Heinrichs
Secretary General, IAPPS
International Plant Protection Award of Distinction (IPPAD)
1. Awardees in 1991, XII IPPC – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Dr. Keith Brent – UK
- Dr. Alvaro Santos Costa – Brazil
- Dr. Joseph W. Eckert – USA
- Dr. Tetsuo Saito – Japan
- Mr. Cristiano Walter Simon – Brazil
2. Awardees in 1995, XIII IPPC – The Hague, Netherlands
- Dr. Perry Lee Adkisson – USA
- Dr. J. Lawrence Apple – USA
- Dr. M. A. De Waard – The Netherlands
- Prof. Rudolf Heitefuss – Germany
- Dr. Peter E. Kenmore – FAO, Rome
- Dr. Li Li- Ying – China
- Prof. Graham Matthews – United Kingdom
- Dr. Flavio Moscardi – Brazil
- Dr. S Nagarajan -India
- Dr. Hugh Sisler – USA
- The Division of Entomology – CSIRO
- CffiA Crop Protection Division
- Koppert Biosystems B. V.
3. Awardees 1999, XIV IPPC – Jerusalem, Israel
- Dr. Sultan Alimakhamedov – Uzbekistan
- Dr. Anthony C. Bellotti – Colombia
- Dr. Kurt R. S. Ascher – Israel
4. Awardees in 2004, XV IPPC- Beijing, China
- Prof. Cheng Zhuo-min – China
- Prof. Izuru Yamamoto – Japan
- Prof. Heinz Schmutterer – Germany
- Prof. Yaacov Katan – Israel
- Prof. Vittorio Luigi Delucchi – Switzerland
5. Awardees in 2007, XVI IPPC – Glasgow, Scotland
- Prof. Zhen Qi Li – China
- Prof. Baruch Rubin – Israel
- Prof. John Foster – USA
- Dr. Mustapha El-Bouhssini – Syria
- Dr. Gary Jahn – Cambodia/USA
- Dr. Hari C. Sharma – India
6. Awardees in 2011, XVII IPPC – Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- Prof. Michael Way – United Kingdom
- Christian Borgemeister – Kenya
- S. K. De Datta – USA
- GUO Yu-yuan – China
- Karl Hurle – Germany
- Noriharu ken Umetsu – Japan
- Robert Zeigler – Philippines
- AVRDC- The World Vegetable Center