XIV Meeting of the Working Group
Biological Control of Fungal and Bacterial Plant Pathogens
Biocontrol and Microbial Ecology
12-15 September 2016 ● Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Save the Date
On behalf of the conference chairs Professor Eckhard George (Humboldt Universität zu Berlin), Dr. Rita Grosch (Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops, IGZ), Professor Kornelia Smalla (Julius Kühn-Institut, Braunschweig) and the convenor Dr. Jürgen Köhl (Wageningen University & Research Centre), it is our great pleasure to invite you to the 14th Meeting of the Working Group Biological Control of Fungal and Bacterial Plant Pathogens to be held from 12-15 September 2016 at the Humboldt Universität zu Berlin.
For the Working Group Meeting, hosted by the International Organisation for Biological and Integrated Control – West Palaearctic Regional Section (IOBC-WPRS), you can expect an interesting scientific program that reflects the different aspects of biocontrol and microbial ecology and will deal with the following topics:
• All aspects of microbial ecology in relation to biocontrol
• Molecular tools to study microbial populations in different environments, crops and climate
• Microbial ecology, biocontrol and integrated plant disease management: impact, adaptation, negative and positive side effects on biocontrol
• Effects of microbial factors on biocontrol product efficacy at field scale
• Impact of biocontrol product on microbial community in the rhizosphere and on the plant
• Biocontrol and integrated disease management in different environments: successes and problems encountered
• Integration of microbials and other adaptation tools
• Commercial use of microbials for management of diseases – present situation and prospects in a view of various microbial environments, including new/near registration products
• Application of natural substances/microbials against diseases in different environments
• Effect stress on host plant resistance (including induced resistance)
• New bioresources for biocontrol
• Mechanisms and signaling in biocontrol
• Ways of commercialization – mass production, formulation methods and risk assessment
Abstract submission and registration will be possible online at the start of 2016.
Please click here to download the “Save the Date Flyer”.
Up-to-date and any necessary information regarding organizational remarks can be found on our conference website: http://www.iobc-wprsberlin2016.de.
Should you have any questions, please contact the organizing agency Conventus via phone +49 3641 31 16-397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Berlin in the frame of an active meeting with fruitful scientific exchange in the field of biocontrol and microbial ecology.
With best regards,
Anne Brüche & Claudia Tonn
Project Team IOBC-WPRS 2016
On behalf of
Prof. Eckhard George
Conference chair Dr. Rita Grosch
Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and
Ornamental Crops, IGZ
Conference chair Prof. Kornelia Smalla
Conference chair Dr. Jürgen Köhl
Wageningen University & Research Centre
Responsible for this content is
Conventus Congressmanagement & Marketing GmbH
Anne Brüche/Claudia Tonn
07745 Jena (Germany)
Fon +49 3641 3116-397
Fax +49 3641 3116-243